Bleacher Report (my profile) asked me to answer a few questions on the Yankees (like a mailbag).
Just making sure you all know, I'm very open to answering questions about anything Yankees. Feel free to e-mail them or just post them in the comments.
A few writers and I responded to these questions:
1. The Yankees acquired Curtis Granderson, but didn't appear interested in signing free agents Matt Holliday or Jason Bay, so it appears as if the team will enter Spring Training with an outfield that includes Brett Gardner and Nick Swisher. Have the Yanks done enough to improve their outfield or is there another move they should make?
2. The addition of Javier Vazquez to the starting rotation means Phil Hughes will probably remain in the 8th inning role in 2010. Is this where he should be or should the Yankees eventually give him another shot at starting?
3. How do you feel about New York trading away three of its best prospects this offseason in Austin Jackson, Mike Dunn and Arodys Vizcaino?
4. The Bombers had great chemistry in 2009, which helped them win the World Series. How do you believe the departure of Melky Cabrera, Hideki Matsui and possibly Johnny Damon will affect that aspect of the team?
5. The Red Sox have been very busy this offseason, acquiring John Lackey, Adrian Beltre, Mike Cameron and Marco Scutaro. Are the Yankees still the favorites to win the AL East?