After winning the spring training opener, the Yankees have been outscored 35-10 in four straight losses. Only the Angels are worse by percentage in the American League thus far (0-2).
- Andy Pettitte tossed a simulated game yesterday and said he felt good. He’s scheduled to make his first real start against the Nationals on Friday.
- Sergio Mitre added to his scoreless innings total yesterday, giving him five for the spring.
- Mitre’s relievers, Chad Gaudin and Kei Igawa, didn’t have a very good time in today’s 11-0 drubbing.
- Francisco Cervelli is feeling better a day after getting beaned.
- Yanks scheduled for two games today. Notably, Nick Johnson is back in the lineup after a “tweaked back.”