After an extremely busy Tuesday, I’m back with a quick roundup of Yankees notes. A few have arrived at the Yankees minor league complex in Tampa, and there are also a few notable transactions.
- Nick Swisher was featured in the Wall Street Journal yesterday for his Twitter usage.
- CC Sabathia was the heaviest man in baseball last year, but supposedly has lost 30 pounds.
- Joba Chamberlain put on some weight. But at least it’s muscle, according to Erik Boland.
- Luis Ayala signed a minor league deal with the Yankees. Ayala has pitched relief for nearly six years in the National League, but spent all of last season in the minors.
- Eric Chavez’s deal with the Yankees could be worth up to $5.5 million. He’ll have to spend a lot of time on the Yankees roster in order to do that, but first he has to make the team.
- Alfredo Aceves signed with the Red Sox to a major league deal. Aceves spent three seasons with the Yankees (only one full season).
- LoHud has you covered for some small spring training notes from Tampa.